WordPress is used by millions of people worldwide and even today more people are becoming a part of this ever increasing WordPress community. People who have lagged behind for too long make the mistake of thinking that WordPress is only a blogging platform. In the years that have followed since the creation of WordPress, it has evolved to become so much more than just a blogging site.
Being a multipurpose and flexible Content Managing System (CMS), WordPress allows its users to create dynamic, user friendly and fully functional websites as well as mobile applications. Its ease of use and flexibility make it the perfect tool for almost anything that you want to do. But if you are new to the World Wide Web, and haven’t yet ventured into the exceptional world of WordPress, then we highly recommend you to do so. There aren’t any risks (only benefits), and you just need a domain and web hosting to get started!
So, are you ready to join the WordPress community and create your first ever WordPress powered website?
Here’s how you can install WordPress on five of the most popular web hosts:
- Follow the steps outlined below to install WordPress on your hosting account:
- Log in to your account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Click Manage next to the hosting account on which you wish to install WordPress.
- Click WordPress under the Popular Apps section.
- Click install now.
- Complete all the on-screen fields as follows:
- Domain: select the domain on your account that you wish to use.
- Directory: After the domain name, enter the directory where you want to install WordPress. In case that you want the domain name to use WordPress, then enter “/” only in the directory field.
- Enter a username, a password, confirm the password, and an email address.
Within 24 hours WordPress will be installed to your selected account with your chosen options. GoDaddy is one of the world’s leading domain registrar, and has an award winning, 24/7 sales and support team that will gladly help you out with any problems. If you haven’t registered yet, click here to create an account with GoDaddy.
Follow these steps to install WordPress on your account through the SiteGround Wizard if you are accessing your account for the first time:
- Access your customer area by logging in.
- An automatic pop-up will ask you if you want WordPress preinstalled on your account. Check the option and click Proceed.
- Next, enter your login information for your new WordPress application.
- Then choose one of the free WordPress themes available and click Submit.
- A quick summary of your WordPress installation will appear on the screen and WordPress is now installed on your account.
If you are an existing user, then follow the following steps:
- Login to your SiteGround account.
- Click on My Account and then click Go to cPanel. This will take you to your Dashboard.
- Click on WordPress under auto-installer. You will now be taken to the WordPress installation page that is powered by Softaculous.
- Click on Install to configure your installation.
- Choose the protocol whether you wish to have www in your domain name or not.
- Choose the domain where you want to install WordPress.
- If you wish to install WordPress in a sub-directory then add the name of that directory, otherwise leave the field blank if you want it installed in the root domain.
- For the sitename and description, it is optional to fill in the information. You can do it later as well.
- Then configure your login details. You can either use the default username and password suggested by SiteGround or you can use one of your choice. Enter your email.
5.Click on Install and WordPress will be installed for you in 1 or 2 minutes.
To install WordPress on HostGator with QuickInstall, follow the steps given below:
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Under the section of Software/Services, click the icon of QuickInstall.
- On your left, in Popular Installs, click WordPress.
- Now click Install WordPress.
- Complete the accompanying form:
- Enter the base domain
- Enter the subdirectory where you want to install WordPress
- Enter your Admin Email where you wish to receive the admin password.
- For the field of Blog Title, enter the name of your website.
- Enter your preferred user name for Admin Username.
- Enter your first and last name.
6. Click Install WordPress.
Your installation is shown by a progress bar at the top.
Get an account with HostGator and you can choose from their Hatchling, Baby and Business Plans, all of which are available at a 60% discount! Don’t miss this offer and signup now for their quality services!
The steps given below outline how to install WordPress on BlueHost:
- Log in to your BlueHost account.
- Go to hosting on the top to get inside cPanel.
- Scroll down to Website Builders.
- Select WordPress.
- Click Install.
- Choose the domain name on your account that you wish to install WordPress to.
- Next to the domain, enter the name of a subfolder or just leave it blank if you want your main page to be the blog.
- Edit the email address, username and password if required.
- Read the terms and conditions and check the box.
- Click on Install Now.
If you haven’t got a hosting account already, signup with BlueHost now. They power over 2 million websites worldwide and offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their services.
A Small Orange
To install WordPress with Softaculous on your A Small Orange account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Go to the section of Software and then click on Softaculous App Installer.
- Hover your mouse over WordPress and then click on Install.
- Under Software Setup:
- Leave the protocol blank
- Choose the domain you wish to install WordPress on from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the name of the directory In Directory or leave it blank if you want to install WordPress on your main page.
- Leave the name of the database and Table Prefix information under Database Settings as it is.
- Modify the Sitename and description if required.
- Leave the Enable Multisite option unchecked.
5. Under the Admin Account:
- Choose a new user name and password
- Enter an email address for admin
- Check Limit Logging Attempts if desired for added security
- Change the configurations as desired by clicking on the arrow on the left of Advanced Options
- Enter the email address where you wish to receive installation details under ‘Email installation details to’
6. Click Install.
If you experience any problems with installing WordPress on your accounting, contact your service provider and they will sort it out in a jiffy. Good luck with your new and powerful WordPress powered website!